Sunday, July 3, 2011

Last post from Cheyenne River

This will be my last blog update that I will post while on the reservation. I leave Tuesday morning. I'm somewhat ready to go home, but at the same time, I'm not ready to leave Eagle Butte and all the awesome people I've met and memories I've made.

This past week, I battled illness on and off which threw off some of my plans for my last week here. I did my last sweat at Larry's, and it was awesome as usual. They really make you think of things you never would have thought about. Yesterday, me and the two new interns went to the lake. It was nice just relaxing by the water (but not getting into it due to the mysterious brownish red color). Tomorrow is the Fourth of July, and we'll be going to Larry's for a celebration. Then bright and early Tuesday morning I'll be headed for Rapid City to fly home and get to work on my paper.... Not very excited about that part. I'm hoping it will turn out to be easier than I am thinking it will be.

Anyway... I might post again once I get home. Recap some of my favorite memories from my time here. But until then, so long from South Dakota!

No comments:

Post a Comment